Friday, May 17, 2013

The Friday Diary: This week wasn't terrible, so let's all do jell-o shots


Hey everyone, look! It's Friday! Can you believe it?!
Me neither.

This was actually a pretty good week.
Not yelling at my kids reduced the stress in our house by about a bajillion percent {that's some hardcore scientific results right there}, and even though I did slip up a couple times {both in the morning when we were trying to leave the house, actually} I feel like I did really well with this goal. Better than I expected, being a half Scottish half Italian and 100% thug kind of parent.

Last night was the Grey's Anatomy season 9 finale, AND I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET SO SHUT UP ABOUT IT. I don't have cable, so I have to watch everything the day after it airs, on Hulu. If you need me tonight I'll be the sad girl on the couch nervously eating chips.

Last weekend I saw The Great Gatsby after 5 solid days of reading nothing but terrible reviews from critics in just about every online "news" publication out there. I went to the movie with my guard up. I was hoping it would be wonderful, but afraid it would be terrible, so I ate my weight in shrimp tacos before hand to prepare myself.
Y'all, it was amazing.
The Great Gatsby is and always will be one of my favorite books, so imagine how my little heart soared when they used real dialogue from the original story! And the way that this director brought the characters to life was breathtaking. Also I love the way that he always uses modern music as the soundtrack for his "classic" movies. When Lana Del Rey sang Young and Beautiful through the montage of Gatsby showing Daisy the home he put together for her, I cried.
So perfect.

The end of the school year is fast approaching for Lainie, which means the beginning of Jackson's first school year is approaching as well.
It's literally all we talk about at home anymore: what it will be like for Jackson in Kindergarten.
He has so many questions, and I am both happy and sad about this time for him.

There was also a delicious lunch at Houston's, and I did 60 squats the other night so...there's that.

All in all, even though it was relatively quiet and uneventful, this week was good. And now I get to look forward to tomorrow: Jackson's birthday party, and the adoption of his very first kitty, which he has preemptively decided to name either Keiko or Fur Ball, regardless of the cat's appearance or gender.
I'm looking forward to a good weekend.

Happy Friday everyone.
Don't get pregnant.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Jackson. :-)

    Did you watch Grey's yet???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID! AND OMG. I am actually considering writing an entire post about it next week, lol

      Delete