Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March 20th, 2013, 8:45 am

It’s cold today, barely creeping above 60 degrees and there is a heavy layer of clouds muting the sunlight and leaving a grey shadow on everything. Not that I mind. Overcast days are my favorite. I’m staring out the windows and wondering what it would be like to live somewhere else. Seattle, New York, Boston, Philadelphia. Somewhere with more rain, more green grass, more overcast days. Somewhere with a market on the corner and where all the Chinese places deliver, you can walk to anything you want, and it’s never 120 degrees out.
I wonder if it would be any easier to write if I had 24 hour access to Chinese food, or rain more days of the year than there is sunshine. I wonder if I would find my words in a split level brown stone over looking Battery Park, or if I could go for long drives through the Callahan tunnel. Maybe I just need some silence. Maybe I just need some time.
I’m sure my voice is hiding inside me somewhere.


1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty much decided on going to University Oregon for grad school. You want cloudy days? You're welcome to visit anytime :)

    By the way I talked to my family and unfortunately our RV trip through the Southwest will not take us near Phoenix... poop for not being able to meet blog friends. One day though

    ReplyDelete