Friday, February 15, 2013

The Friday Diary: I forgot it was jeans day, and that pretty much sums up how this week is going

Pinned Image
{this picture has nothing at all to do with it being Friday. It just makes me happy and I like that.}

Happy Friday, everybody.

This was a long week in my house, between having major issues with Lainie's teacher that ended with me weeping in the principal's office and going home with an awful migraine and through the roof blood pressure, and then Valentine's Day sneaking up on me the very next morning.
I'm so tired I forgot today was jeans day at work, and showed up in slacks.
Fail.
But there were good parts to the week too, like having a date with Lainie last Sunday to the mall and seeing Jacksons face light up when he came out of his room and found his Valentine's gift from me on the kitchen coutner next to his cereal.
And then there was also the mass amount of comfort food ingested this week, including sausage and potato breakfast hash for dinner, green bean casserole another night, and pasta and garlic bread from Bappo on Thursday.
I love comfort food.
It is truly the most comforting.
I'm hoping this weekend will be good too. It doesn't have to be awesome, just good. I have Monday off, so that in and of itself shows promise.
I plan on binge-watching Netflix tonight, and staying in my pajamas for the next three days. Maybe a trip to Ikea if I'm feeling crazy.

I have a bunch of pictures sitting on my camera and in my cell phone that I keep meaning to post here, but good Lord the days just get away from me so fast lately.
Maybe I'll make it up to you all with a super special Saturday post of pictures and recipes and things we've done besides fight with public school teachers and cry in the closet.
I also have a surprise planned for you all for Monday, so get fucking excited!!!!

Anyway, that's all I have for you today.
Let's just remember it's Friday, we survived Valentine's Day, and it's a three day weekend.
Also I didn't go to jail for dragon kicking a teacher in the face.

So much to be thankful for.

Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment