Friday, January 11, 2013

The Friday Diary: All Things Ryan Gosling

This Friday, I am quite glad the week is over. It was long, and toward the middle it got extremely hard, very busy, and overly stressful.
I am more than ready for a brick of dark chocolate and a bottle of white wine the size of a baby alligator.
Until then though, let's wrap it up.

...

{1}

Letters:

Dear Coffee, I will never be able to live without you. Please don't ever leave.
Dear Jackson, You ask me every day when you are going to turn 5. Slow down, please. You will never be 4 again and it hurts my heart to say that.
Dear 2013, There is so much I want to do with you. You are already going by too fast.

...

{2}

Overheard:

Me: Let's drink wine in my closet. We can pretend we're organizing things when really we're just hiding from the kids.

...

{3}

Read:

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake

If you read my post Wednesday night, asking y'all to tell me what you wish there was more of on the blog, then you know I recently read a book that made me angry.
That book was The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake. The jist of the story is it's about a girl who can taste people's feelings and emotions {mainly the ones they are repressing} in the food that they make. Jelly tastes like acidic resentment, her mother's lemon cake tastes like longing, her brothers toast taste like black rage, etc.
It started out so well written; beautiful, moving and poetic. I was in love at first, and I stayed up way past my bedtime, two nights in a row to get through it, only for the whole thing to come crashing down at the end. The warm and intricately woven story becomes a frayed and tangled mess in the last 10 pages, so much so that I felt like the ending belonged to some other story, and was mistakenly slapped on to the end of this book by a rushed editor.
I just hate that feeling of loving a book right up until the end, when the author clearly just doesn't know how to close the story.
Aside from accidentally writing about my "sexual awakening", not knowing how to close a story is my biggest fear when it comes to writing a book.

...

{4}

Remembered:

Circa January 10th, 2012.
Apparently that was a month of discovering Ryan Adams and that Philosophist is not a word.
Sometimes I'm embarrassed of me.

...

{5}

Pinterested:

.

If I were a dog, this would be me.

...

{6}

Hilarious:

The 69 Most Mouthwatering Ryan Gosling Moments of the Year
{It's actually much funnier than it is sexy or mouthwatering}

Pinned Image

Read it.

...

{7}

In Other Ryan Gosling News....
Movie Poster Inspiration: Gangster Squad

Gangster Squad comes out this weekend. I'm seeing it Saturday.
Lady parts, prepare thyselves.
That...was weird and I apologize.

...

Happy Friday everyone. Go have a kick ass weekend.






No comments:

Post a Comment