Sunday, December 16, 2012

I Know You're Sad

I know you're sad.
We all are.
What happened in Connecticut is so, so sad. If you have children, it's even harder to take.
I know we're all sad, and I know the shooting is all you're hearing about right now, along with useless and in my opinion, inappropriate debates over who or what is to blame for all this, when all that matters is that those sweet little ones are gone, and it's not OK.
I don't want to debate gun control laws, or whether our mental healthcare system is doing enough, or whether the mother of the Connecticut elementary school shooter is to blame for her 20 year old son killing all those poor little babies. I don't want to rehash the terrible details, or even say the shooter's name. 
He doesn't deserve the attention.
But I do want to laugh. 
Not out of any kind of disrespect for the victims, those poor little angels, or their families, who are now picking out caskets instead of Christmas presents, but because you can only cry for so long before you have to take a deep breath and try to smile again.
You have to find a brief moment of levity, wherever you can, or the sorrow will just eat you right up.
As Truvy says in Steel Magnolias "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion". 
So, join me, won't you?


DIABETIS

I love watching ppl fall

YES
If you didn't play Oregon Trail in school, this will mean nothing to you.

Pretty accurate.

Hahaha

#TheOffice

Popsicle thuggin

Nothing beats a fluffy baby penguin

Nothing beats a fuzzy baby penguin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment