Friday, November 16, 2012

The Friday Diary: 10 Little Randoms

It's been an interesting week.
Somewhere in the beginning of the week, a disgusting cold decided to make itself at home in my body and never leave.
Ugh. I hate being sick, and anyone who knows me can tell you that I am the worlds BIGGEST baby when I am sick. I promise you my friends have heard about nothing other than my awful symptoms for the last three days.
For that reason, todays diary will be short, random, and otherwise non-sensical.

But what's new?

1. Off to the Races by Lana Del Rey on Grooveshark
This song has been on steady repeat on my iPod for days now. Catchy, sexy, gangster and girly, all at the same time. Sing it, sister!

2. Found on Pinterest, an article from a 1942 issue of Life magazine, teaching you how to kiss:
Pinned Image
Awesome. Where was this all my life?

3. Next Friday, my dear friend Camdon is coming to town from Ohio, and I could not be more excited to hang out with him. Camdon has known me since I was 17, and for all we've been through (break ups, divorces, military enlistments and almost getting arrested in the desert) he is and always will be one of my favorite people.

4. Funny Business:
Pinned Image
This is going to be me someday.

5. I recently decided that I am going to go to London. I want to travel more, and for whatever reason I've always felt like I didn't want to travel-at least not out of the country-if I wasn't in a relationship, because I always thought it would make me sad to go exploring like that by myself. But fuck that. I'm going. Maybe on a backpacking trip, maybe on a cruise through Northern Europe. Maybe I'll bring a friend, maybe I will go alone. The point is, I'm going. I'm giving myself 18 months to save up for it, and then I'm doing it. You know why? Because this is life and I'm deciding to live it.

6. I realized today that Thanksgiving is a week away. Actually, less than a week away. Remember last Thanksgiving, y'all? Yeah. Better stock up on wine and mood stabelizers now, because nothing spells dysfunction like holidays in Sarah's house!

7. I learned on Thursday that chocolate shakes when you're sick do not help cheer you up at all, if you're so sick you cannot taste the chocolate shake. I also subsequently lost my will to survive this cold.

8. I also learned Thursday night that you shouldn't send emotional texts to people after taking NyQuil, because they might think you're about to kill yourself, and get worried when you fall asleep and don't hear them texting to make sure you're alive. On the brightside, sometimes they call and tell you you're secretly Irish, and send you pictures of baby bears.
Or maybe I dreamed that.
Either way, not a bad night.

9. There is no number 9

10. Coming up with 10 things to say was really hard after like number 5. I guess I could've stopped there, but the friday diary has been so disappointing lately, and I just couldn't leave you all with yet another piece of crap post. So, I tried. OH! I guess I could tell you about how none of the men in my office are allowed to shave their mustache for the entire month of November, and shit is getting straight creepy up in there. But I can't show you pictures of any of the creeper creeps, so I guess it's not that interesting.

Anyway, happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment