Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Recipe: Chicken Enchilada Soup


Even though I live in Arizona, where the weather doesn't actually change much {but I pretend it does by dressing as if I live in Boston} it occurred to me that not all my readers live in Arizona. Some of you are lucky enough to live places with actual seasons, and it being the end of November, it might actually be cold where you are right now.
Want some soup?
Don't be silly, of course you do.

Chicken Enchilada Soup

1 bag frozen corn
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1-2 lbs frozen boneless skinless chicken breast
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 big can of your favorite enchilada sauce
1 can Mexican style stewed tomatoes

Throw all the veggies and beans in the bottom of your crock pot, put the frozen chicken on top, pour the cream of chicken soup over it, and pour the enchilada sauce over top of that, and mix the sauce together just until it's combined.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the chicken is done.
Take the chicken out, shred it with a fork, throw it back in and serve the soup with shredded cheese and sour cream.

Bada bing.

It's the EASIEST soup ever, and it is so good, I literally make myself sick from eating so much of it every time I make it.
The kids love it too and it's in our regular rotation, which means I make it like twice a month at least.

Anyway, I hope y'all stay warm. 
Send me some of your cold weather if you can.


No comments:

Post a Comment