Friday, October 26, 2012

The Friday Diary: Too Legit to Quit

Tumblr_m3mu0ghvce1r9y1kio1_500_large

So. It's Friday.
This post is going to be entirely anticlimactic.
Just like this week was.
I did nothing special.
I took zero pictures.
I hurt my neck on Sunday and stayed in bed for two days.
Finally by Wednesday I was all better, but I was just not in the mood to cook and photograph and leave the house except to work and get food.
So I didn't.
I cleaned out my closet...I watched the 4th season of Grey's over again...I hung out with the kids...I laid on a heating pad and sometimes an ice pack, and I slept.
There you have it.

But I am glad it's Friday, and I am ready for the weekend.
I'm ready to put on my pajamas and order some Chinese food and hopefully find a good movie on Netflix, and lay on the couch eating egg rolls and Starbursts and being happy not to be in pain anymore.
It might be lame, for the weekend before Halloween, but it sounds perfect to me.

Now, just because I can't leave you with nothing, I will give you a shortened, condensed, and probably more legit version of the Friday Diary {aka just the letters portion}.

Letters:

Dear Kitchen, Why do you insist on dirty-ing yourself just after you've been cleaned? Why are you SO hard for me to keep up with, and why do I feel so depressed and defeated when you are cluttered and messy AGAIN? You must have some weird effect on my emotional equilibrium.
Dear 2012, You're almost over. Holy crap.
Dear Emotions, Get. It. Together. You were out of control this week. Not ok.
Dear Mad Hatter, Brilliant. Sweet. Surprising. Addicting. Home. Another 5 words for you, from me.
Dear Fall, You make me want to travel. You make me want to take late night drives with the windows down. You make me want Pumpkin Spiced coffee on a rainy day in Sedona. Why can't I quit you.

Happy Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Hello there,
    so, it doesn't have much to do with the post itself, but anyway, you're the reason I started watching Grey's Anatomy and I would never ever watch it otherwise, so when I do, I often think of you (which sounds creepy, but it's more like 'thaaank you Sarah').
    So, I'm just finishing up season 6, and they all dying, what the hell?
    Just felt like I have to inform you.
    Also, you know when sometimes you go 'blah blah blah, if anybody out there reads that'...? well I do, and hey, reading you from across the world here in Poland! Kind of cool. Internecional and so on.

    Also, I don't know if any of that makes sense, but it's midnight here, I got drunk on vermuth and now I'm gonna check who else dies. Super sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, season 6 is very sad. But it gets Better!!!! I promise. Just hang in there and ride the emotional wave. :)

      Delete