Monday, September 10, 2012

Letters to You

Tumblr_lvw40jnhpg1qeggkto1_500_large

I woke up in the middle of the night because I was cold, and I woke you up too because I was really cold.
Shivering beside you in bed and the sheet on top of us was offering no protection from the near Icelandic temperatures we'd suddenly traveled to in our sleep.
Without being asked you got up, from a dead sleep, and turned the air off, found me a blanket, and then wrapped your very warm body around me, too.
Heat spread all over me, and you let me put my ice cold feet under your legs because they felt like a campfire compared to mine.
And even though I fell back to sleep quickly, before I did I remember mentally noting:
I loved you so very much in that moment.

It's always been the littlest gestures from you, that have warmed my little heart so.




No comments:

Post a Comment