Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Liebster Award

Liebsterblogaward_large

Today, I was given the Liebster Award by the very sweet and talented Sanny, from Unravelling the Mysteries of Life. Check her out if you have time, she's awesome.
To be honest at first I wasn't completely sure what this award was, so don't feel bad if you don't know either. Basically it's an awarded the bloggers give to one another {spreading the blogger love, gotta love that!} when they really love another person's blog, and it has under 200 followers. 
Word up, small blogs! 
Anyway, the way it works is you get the award from someone, and you do the following before passing it on:

1. Come up with 11 facts about yourself {this always makes my mind go blank and I'm all WHO AM I?!}
2. Answer the 11 questions the person who gave you the award asked
3. Choose other bloggers who have under 200 followers, and give them the award.

Ok....ready?!
Let's get our Liebster on.

My 11 Facts About Me:
1. I was born in California
2. I hate bleu cheese
3. I am the youngest of 4 kids
4. My top three favorite musicians/bands are: Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan and Blink 182
5. I am NOT a morning person
6. I don't like peanuts
7. I love Seattle exclusively because it rains a lot
8. I save the roses Bill gives me
9. The Notebook makes me cry every time
10. Grocery shopping makes me so tired that I usually order take out afterward instead of cooking the food I just bought
11. I used to pretend to be allergic to things when I was little so I could feel like I fit in with all the other kids who had allergies to things. Weird, I know.

And Now Sanny's 11 Questions:
1.     Do you believe in miracles? Yes, of course.
2.     What is the reason you started your blog? To have a place to write that's not a journal or a diary because I always lose those/never keep up with them, and there is more room for creativity in blogging.
3.     What is your favorite animal and why? BLACK BEARS and because they're amazing. Have you ever seen a bear who wasn't adorable?! NO.
4.     What do you appreciate the most about your life? The love, tenderness and compassion I've seen in others, and found in myself because of my kids.
5.     What was the last book youve read and whats it about? The last book I finished was The Unbearable Lightness of Being. It's about a womanizer, his wife and his artist lover. It's better than it sounds.
6.     If you would go to a lonely island, which three things would you take with you? Dora the Explorers' backpack, Harry Potter's magic wand, and my boyfriend. Not my kids because an island alone sounds too much like a vacation right now.
7.     Do you think that failure is always a bad thing or can it also encourage you to retry or try it differently? Failure is definitely a depressing thing, but depending on the situation it can teach you to try. I think sometimes it teaches you that it's time to move on too.
8.     Have you ever had a life changing moment? And if so, what was it about? Probably the birth of my kids. When something that size emerges from your vagina, it's usually pretty powerful stuff.
9.     What is your favorite TV show? Grey's Anatomy, but Parks and Recreation and The New Girl are close behind.
10.  Besides writing, what do you mostly do on your computer? Edit pictures/Pin shit on pinterest
11.  If you could change something in your life, what would you change? My constant dissatisfaction with where I'm at. I always want to be doing better, earning more, moving up, moving forward, blah blah blah. I have trouble sometimes living in the moment.

My Questions for the Bloggers I tagged:
1.What is your favorite character from a book and why?
2. Tree house, house boat or haunted house? Whichever you pick, you have to live there for 1 year.
3. What's the first thing I should know about you?
4. What are your standard questions that you ask on first dates? Gimme your top 3
5. Favorite one liner from a movie?
6. Any phobias?
7. What is your favorite blog that you read, regardless of how many followers they have?
8. What are your feelings toward asparagus?
9. What's your super power? Not what super power do you want, what super power do you already have?
10. Favorite ice cream flavor?
11. Biggest pet peeve?

The bloggers I am passing this award on to are:

Sooooo there aren't 11 of them, but still. It counts.

Happy Liebstering!


4 comments:

  1. So excited for this!! 2nd one I've received, thank you so much!! I'll post soon!! Glad you are enjoying the blog. I LOVE yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, I just realized I forgot to post the 11 questions I'm asking the bloggers I'm giving the award to. I fixed that. Sorry, I appear to be highly under qualified for this award!

      Delete
    2. No worries!! I'm only just writing it now :)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your answers. I never go shopping without haven't eaten anything before, just because like you wrote. I would be so tired to cook afterwards and so I would order something.

    Thanks for passing the award on.

    ReplyDelete