Sunday, December 11, 2011

Merry Movie Marathon

So all I'm seeing these days is blog and Facebook posts about what the best Christmas movies are. And I swear to baby Jesus, if I hear one more person say that Elf is THE BEST Christmas movie of all time, I am going to cut a bitch.
Elf is a good movie. It's funny, it's cute, I love Will Ferrel as much as the next gal, but it is by far NOT the best Christmas movie. It's not even in my top five. Because I have exceptional movie taste, clearly.
Here, be impressed by me.

001164_48_large
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. By far one of the best movies about Christmas ever made.

Home-for-the-holidays_large
Home for the Holidays.
If this picture doesn't sum up this movie, I don't know what will. And the movie more or less sums up EVERY holiday I've spent with my family, EVER.

A_christmas_carol_large
Makes me cry, every damn time.

20090320225653
A Nightmare Before Christmas. This one, for me is both a Halloween and Christmas movie, AND a love story all at once. Triple hitter. Nicely done.

The-family-man_large
This is another one that makes me cry. Also it's from back when Nicholas Cage was a good actor, not a Civil War era vapire/zombie whatever who was marrying the daughters of dead rock stars and making movies like "National Treasure" and "The Wicker Man". Dear God.

Grinch_large
I love the Jim Carrey version of the Grinch. Such a visually stunning movie, and he just pulls off the roll so well. 

Love-actually_large
Last but not least, my second all time favorite Christmas movie, and one of my favorite movies in general, Love Actually. There are so many quotable, laughable, tear jerking, heart stopping moments in this movie, it's impossible not to love it.
"Kids, don't buy drugs. Become a pop star and people give them to you for free!"
"Did you ever have this problem? Of course you did, you saucy minx, you."
And my favorite: "Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around."

This winter I hope you get to watch all your favorite movies and eat all your favorite foods with all your very favorite people. 




2 comments:

  1. You forgot home for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy banana balls you're right!!!! Fuck my life. Must edit this post NOW.

    ReplyDelete