Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year: Resolutions

Tumblr_lwjczzhihp1qcsjiso1_500_large

And now, for a look forward at 2012.

I want to read more. 
I used to read all the time, a book a week at least, usually several books at once. I started reading some in 2011, but this year I want to soak up the printed word like I used to.

I want to travel.
I want to cross some places off my travel list.
I want to take my kids to see snow, and to the beach.
I want to swim in the ocean again.
I want to find adventures with the people I love.

I want to read to my kids more, and watch TV/be on the computer less.

I want to keep teaching Lainie to cook. 
She loves it, and I love being able to teach her something useful, something that I'm good at.

I want to do something I've never done.
Like snowboarding or snorkeling or eating weird foods.

I want to laugh more than I cry.

I want to learn how to better pick my battles.

I want to write something every day. Even if it's one line, or one paragraph or one word. Something. Every day.

I want to take more pictures, especially of the kids.

I want to kiss and love and just enjoy my precious time with Bill more freely.
Relax. Stop sweating the small stuff and just be happy.

I want to find adventure, live my life, and enjoy every possible second of whatever precious time I have on this Earth.

I want to be more honest, more accountable and more selfless.

I want to learn how to make Cajun food.

I want stop smoking.

I want to paint my apartment.

I want to make the most and the best of it, whatever it ends up being. I want to find something to laugh about in every situation.

I want to take better care of the people I love.

I want to be happy.



What do you want this year?





No comments:

Post a Comment