Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Friday Diary pt. 2

Welcome to the LAST Friday in 2011!!!
I for one could not be more ready for the new year.
Plus, I get to spend New Years with my love and his two kids, plus my two kids, and I'm pretty much stoked about it.
Four kids, two adults, way too much food, some games, maybe a movie, and a midnight kiss from Jackson, Lainie, and Bill if I'm lucky.
That's what's up.

So, pour some champagne, say goodbye to 2011, and see what we've been up to 'round here.

I've been listening to this:
Ill Be Seeing You by Billie Holiday on Grooveshark
I love Billie Holiday, and something about her voice just makes me all kinds of happy-emotional. I want to slow dance to this song, I want to cuddle by a fire to this song, I want to listen to it at Christmastime, and I if I evah evah evah walk down the isle, I want it to be to this song.
Just beautiful.

I've been eating these:
We also made a raspberry cheescake for Santa, but he umm....ate it all before  a picture could be taken of it. 

For Christmas, I got this:
It's a beautiful wooden memory box, with a heavy metal heart shaped lock on it, to which go two skeleton keys, which are probably one of my favorite things in the world. 
Bill put this all together from different pieces he knew I'd like, because I'm always saving little things from our relationship like ticket stubs, hotel keys, pictures, etc., in shoe boxes.
But now I have this gorgeous box, and an amazing man who was kind enough to give it to me.

We've been cooking with my other Christmas present, from my dad:
I have jumped on the cast iron bandwagon, y'all and it is amazing.
I seriously love this thing, and have literally been coming up with reasons to use it.
"Hey kids, who wants MORE BACON?!"
Everyone wants more bacon. Everyone.

And, since I've had this ENTIRE week off from work, I've been doing A LOT of this:
That book was another gift from Bill this year, one of my favorite books ever. And that handsome bear you see there is Orso. My main squeezy when Bill isn't available. Oh and that ice cream? 
Uh-Mazing!!!!

Last but not least, I leave you with a little something to watch:


Don't drink anything while you watch that. 
Shit's funny.


Happy New Year everyone.

Oh, and Dear 2011: Please go fuck yourself now.
You were kind of a dick.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin





No comments:

Post a Comment