Thursday, October 13, 2011

10 Little Things That Happened This Week


1. After over 3 months of applying for jobs, I finally went on a job interview for a position as a customer service rep for a company called Healthways. I wasn't crazy about the position, or the guy that interviewed me, who was going to be my boss if I got the job, but I need a job, so I'm in no position to say no if they offer it to me.

2. Over the last week, one of the books I've been reading is "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer. It's amazing. I had been seeing pictures of portions of the book all over the internet {See below}, and the passages were so beautiful and moving, or just plain intriguing, I literally had to read the book. It was a need, not a want. I'm a little more than halfway through with it, and it's made me cry 3 times. That's what I call some good writin.

3. It's a long story, and I won't tell the whole thing in this post, because this is supposed to be a post about 10 small things that happened to me this week, but in short, I am not getting married. Neil and I have broken up, Bill and I have gotten back together, and I'm hoping that soon we can all have somewhat normal lives again.....Well, normal for us anyway.

4. Over the weekend, Bill and I went to Sedona for the night, which was supposed to be the weekend, but due to babysitting snags, it ended up only being one night.  We drove up Saturday night and rocked out to some pretty sweet mixed CD's, courtesy of me, cuz I'm awesome. The weather was BEAUTIFUL, really couldn't have asked for better. The grounds of the hotel were very pretty, and there was a little creek behind the property that looked gorgeous at night in the moonlight. We also had pretty much the most awesome bed in the universe. I think it was stuffed with the fur of baby Unicorns or something {no Unicorns were harmed in the making of our bed, I'm like 94% positive}. 

5. At this point, even the Jedi is done with me being out of work. He told me the other day he's all done with my attitude. I think we've been spending too much time together.

6. Miss Tiny got her freaking EARS PIERCED this weekend! I don't have a picture yet, because I suck, but I will take one and post it asap. They make her look like quite the little lady.

7. I have, in the last week, discovered two, yes TWO new bands that are pretty much rockin my socks off right now. Mother Mother and Frightened Rabbit. Mother Mother is an Indie rock band from Canada {y'all know how I love my Canadians!} and they sound like pop meets indie meets electronica meets heaven. So far from what I've heard, their lyrics are never very heavy or serious, but they are catchy, different and very original. The fact that their are two lead singers, one male one female, and they definitely have that duet thing goin on, makes it easy to sing a long to.
Frightened Rabbit more or less fell into my lap, whereas Mother Mother was introduced to me by my friend Sam. Frightened Rabbit is an Irish {or Scottish?} band that sounds like a pumped up, more energetic version of Mumford and Sons, but also with lyrics far more raw, emotional and real. Their music also has this very wonderful sexual quality to it, even though it's primarily sad/angry break up/unrequited love songs. 
In short, they've changed my life. For reals.


8. I am in desperate need of new music in The Nerd Cave, a.k.a. the minivan, but I am currently OUT of blank CD's and just far too lazy to get more. If someone were to perhaps purchase me more, I would be probably be their best friend forever. 

9. It's almost Halloween, and I am a little depressed about the fact that for the first time in my life, I really do not care at all about this holiday. It's always been one of my favorites. I've been thinking about this all week.

10. I made my first pot of Chili on Monday! This is exciting to only me, because it's always how I kind of signal to myself and my kids that Fall is finally here. Tiny helped so much with making it, she practically made it herself. She stood on a chair in the kitchen, with a hand towel over one shoulder just like I do when I cook, one hand on her little waist, singing along to the radio and dumping garlic in the chili pot. It warmed my soul, really.

I hope you all have had an awesome week!




1 comment:

  1. Cute pic of you and bill but needless to say this pic does not say 1000 words for me, so call me! I NEED details! :)

    ReplyDelete