Sunday, May 22, 2011

Overuse of the words Super, Amazing and Awesome


I feel completely blessed and totally loved and so relaxed it's practically narcotic.

I have had an amazing weekend. Truly, awesome. Now I know that sun-shiny, happy as pie, my life is super perfect blogs and Facebook statuses are more annoying than people who yell at the movie screen, and I promise this is not a post mean to rub in your face how much more awesome my life is than yours. Really, my life is not more awesome than yours. I have two kids. I am a single mother and I don't get child support. There, that should be enough to confirm that I do NOT think I am better than anyone, and that's not even the most fucked up thing I could tell you about my life.

So, now that the disclaimer is out of the way, let me continue gushing about this rare weekend that occurred in my life that was just blissfully perfect.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I didn't have the kids all weekend. It. Was. Heaven. I actually got to the point today where I missed them. Now, if you have kids you know what a wonderful and heartwrenching feeling it is to miss your kids. But I feel so refreshed! So ready to hug them and smooch them and play with them on the floor because I got the chance to miss them so much. That is a beautiful thing. I am completely blessed to have Uncle Tony, who loves The Jedi like he were his own flesh and blood, even though he isn't, and who I can trust and count on 100x over. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.



Saturday was a good day, full of Starbucks, Hawaiian food, some hang time with my best friend Meghands and The Roomie and a documentary about BLACK BEARS! Yes, I said it. Black bears. If you know me, you know how super awesome pee your pants squeal like a girl this was for me. I. Love. Black bears.


After that I got some awesome, totally kick ass, super relaxing and quality time with my Batman. Let me take this moment to do something I never do: gush publicly about a guy. I have a pretty amazing boyfriend. He is funny and sweet and really truly good to me. Hanging out with him puts a smile on my face for days afterwards. He is really something super neat.
We went to an awesome Italian restaurant called La Stalla Cucina Rustica in Chandler, and shared some quite delicious Chicken Marsala and Creme Brulee. Yum! If you've never been there, go! And bring a date because it's small, intimate and sorta romantic and the food is meant to be shared, cuz the portions are HUGE.
After that we got some quality chill time at home, where we luckily survived the rapture and didn't become zombies. Whew. Dodged that bullet.

I came home in such a good mood, so relaxed and happy and still a little high on the endorphines you can only get from laughing for hours with someone you have a ton in common with. Someone who gets you. The Roomie and I have enjoyed a super lazy day, lounging around the house and joking around. In a minute I am off to pick up Tiny and go see Pirates of the Caribbean with her and Meghands and Jessican.

An amazing, relaxing, laugh filled weekend with people who love and care for me: yes!
A cool fun girl date to finish off the weekend: Oh even yesser. :)

Thank you to Roomie, Batman, Meghands and Uncle Tony for making this such a wonderful 48 hours. You are all kick ass in my book. You are my heroes. You are the wind beneath my wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment