Sunday, January 9, 2011

Zuppa Toscana

Zuppa+toscana+001_large

This is by far my favorite soup and every time I go to Olive Garden I have to get it. I'm not guaranteeing that this recipes tastes exactly like Olive Garden's, but it's still freaking delicious and whenever I make it I spend the entire time I'm eating the first bowl scalding the shit out of my mouth because I'm too impatient to let it cool first.
It tastes that good.


What You Need

1 lb Italian Sausage 
1 onion
Garlic Powder
Onion powder
Oregano
Basil
Salt and pepper
10 cups water
5 chicken bouillon cubes
2 cups heavy whipping cream
6 diced potatoes
1 package frozen spinach

Brown the sausage
Heat the water to a low boil and dissolve the chicken broth cubes in it
Add the potatoes and bring just to a boil
Reduce heat and simmer til potatoes are soft
Add sausage and continue simmering
Heat 1 tbs Olive Oil and 1 tbs butter and 1 tbs minced garlic in a skillet and saute frozen spinach until it's hot
Add to soup and simmer another 10 minutes
Add  heavy cream and reduced to the lowest setting or cover and turn the heat off leaving the pan on the burner
I usually let it sit like that while I heat garlic bread and mix a salad, then serve it.
The longer it has to heat together the more the flavors come out, but be careful not to let it boil once the cream is added.

The seasonings are added through out the cooking process, and obviously they're added to your personal taste. I never put measurements for spices in my recipes unless I'm baking.Taste the soup as it cooks and season to your liking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment